About this Site and Me

My photo
Flower Mound, TX, United States
Hi, I am an artist, wife, mom, gamer and the Elementary Art Educator at Donald Elementary, a sweet and wonderful school in Flower Mound, TX (outside of Dallas). This is a great place to see how we are integrating studio habits with technology and interdisciplinary connections. I also love to share my "wisdom" (Re: Experiences. From mistakes.) about teaching Elementary Art. I love what I do, and I've been doing it for a long time. Creating and teaching Art is what I live for. Enjoy.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Shout out to an awesome, way cool student!

 I have to give a shout out to this 5th grader, Victor, who has been coming in a couple times a week during recess to design our latest entryway mural installation.

It says, "Welcome to Donald, the home of the Dolphins"

The left side has this awesome dolphin and the right side is a drawing of our school. Victor is completely self directed. This is all him. I have just pretty much stayed out of his way!

I am going to have the other 5th graders in the art club help him with painting. It is a big job.


Last year's Art Club painted these 2 way cool murals, based on student artwork:




When finished, I think I will get the faculty and students to create ceramic tiles and dolphins. I can use those for a mosaic border, to cover that blue and tie it all together.

Thank you Victor! You are the BOMB!

No comments:

Post a Comment