About this Site and Me

My photo
Flower Mound, TX, United States
Hi, I am an artist, wife, mom, gamer and the Elementary Art Educator at Donald Elementary, a sweet and wonderful school in Flower Mound, TX (outside of Dallas). This is a great place to see how we are integrating studio habits with technology and interdisciplinary connections. I also love to share my "wisdom" (Re: Experiences. From mistakes.) about teaching Elementary Art. I love what I do, and I've been doing it for a long time. Creating and teaching Art is what I live for. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The best pencil sharpener! *Classroom Friendly Supplies

Ok, as you guys know, pencil sharpeners ARE A BIG DEAL for art teachers. I had blown up a few electric ones in my day. Badly sharpened pencils cause frustration and anger. Not good feelings to have in a way cool art room.

I had heard about these new hand crank ones from Classroom Friendly Supplies...I really didn't believe it when I heard the buzz, but a 4th grade teacher bought one so I got to play with it. It is awesome. (Yes, even colored pencils! See below!)

I contacted the company, Classroom Friendly Supplies, and they sent me one right away for a review. I love it. The kids love it. Easy to use, easy to clean, sharp pencils. Life is good.

The kids are super excited about this, lining up to sharpen a pencil!

Before Pix
Literally 20 seconds later.

"Oh yeah!"

This thingy pulls out, that was weird for me. But I got over it.

It holds the pencil perfectly straight. 

Smaller than my electric ones. This counter was too thick to mount it correctly. The table has a better hold.

Sharpens: 

Crayola Colored Pencils (4-5 rotations)
PrismaColor pencils (4-5 rotations)
Ebony pencils
drawing pencils (various brands)
cheap-o #2's

Cost: $24.99, (Teacher Special pack of three: $53.97)

WORTH. IT. I am soooooooo buying one for each table!


2 comments:

  1. I know! These are the best!!! Love mine and will be using it forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Best Electric Pencil Sharpeners

    ReplyDelete