About this Site and Me

My photo
Flower Mound, TX, United States
Hi, I am an artist, wife, mom, gamer and the Elementary Art Educator at Donald Elementary, a sweet and wonderful school in Flower Mound, TX (outside of Dallas). This is a great place to see how we are integrating studio habits with technology and interdisciplinary connections. I also love to share my "wisdom" (Re: Experiences. From mistakes.) about teaching Elementary Art. I love what I do, and I've been doing it for a long time. Creating and teaching Art is what I live for. Enjoy.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

6 days and counting! Summer 2016 is almost here...

Last full week of school for the 2015-2016 school year! HOLY COW. This year flew by.

Sad, empty halls.

My younger grades are creating "Welcome Back" banners for August Back to School using Crayola Gel markers and construction paper crayons. Loving it!

...twenty years of teaching, I finally get smart.




This was a rough year. I need to recharge! I am so looking forward to my fav things: reading fantasy novels, listening to loud music, gardening and working in my studio. 

Part of my garden--larkspur. I LOVE it. 

Gardening in Texas is a challenge. All this was $100 and will most likely die a terrible death. 

Now that my kids are older, I have time to paint. I have a notebook full of ideas, hopefully this summer will be productive. Most likely, I will keep the couch from running out the door. 

Work in progress
Took me all school year. Finished painting: "I'm Not Dying Today-Ophelia"
Oil on canvas
24 X 36

Have a wonderfully restful, joyful and safe summer! See you in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment