About this Site and Me

My photo
Flower Mound, TX, United States
Hi, I am an artist, wife, mom, gamer and the Elementary Art Educator at Donald Elementary, a sweet and wonderful school in Flower Mound, TX (outside of Dallas). This is a great place to see how we are integrating studio habits with technology and interdisciplinary connections. I also love to share my "wisdom" (Re: Experiences. From mistakes.) about teaching Elementary Art. I love what I do, and I've been doing it for a long time. Creating and teaching Art is what I live for. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bulletin boards. Oh my.

It is week 6 and students are slowly finishing their first art projects. Nothing yet to display on the NINETEEN bulletin boards and two (three) display cases I have commandeered.

What's an art teacher to do?

 Display case #1:
Technology Museum, "How did we survive before smart phones?"
I remember ALL of these.

 I had a blast writing the notes. They are kinda funny.




Display cases 2 and 3: info about the Specials Team:

 yeah check this out. Kathy rocks!

Meet Prudence, ANOTHER fairy who has moved in. A student left her a crocheted scarf. Because it is Fall.


On all bulletin boards: Art prints with open ended, guiding questions. 

What happened next?

What do you wonder?

What is the main idea?

What would you change? etc..

I pulled these from LA curriculum (even though they are standard art critique questions...yeah, I know...)

This gives the classroom teachers talking points during bathroom breaks and hallway transitions, and gives visitors something beautiful to look and think about.




2 comments:

  1. What a great way to compensate for the arrival and presentation of those first of the year art projects. I really enjoyed seeing your glass cases during the tech workshop. How I wish we had even one in our school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hate empty hallways :) schools should not look like institutions.

    ReplyDelete