About this Site and Me

My photo
Flower Mound, TX, United States
Hi, I am an artist, wife, mom, gamer and the Elementary Art Educator at Donald Elementary, a sweet and wonderful school in Flower Mound, TX (outside of Dallas). This is a great place to see how we are integrating studio habits with technology and interdisciplinary connections. I also love to share my "wisdom" (Re: Experiences. From mistakes.) about teaching Elementary Art. I love what I do, and I've been doing it for a long time. Creating and teaching Art is what I live for. Enjoy.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

iPads and 7 year olds: A Parent's Perspective:


So I got this message from a Donald parent:


"Curse you Leslie McReynolds, thanks to your recommendation my children have spent the last two hours proving that they are smarter than me! My seven year olds are coding their own games...characters, music, interaction, every element of gameplay. And while they are doing it they are problem solving, collaboration, and amazing creativity. The only problem is that they are already more adept than I am so I can't answer their questions. What a wonderful problem to have!"

^.^






No comments:

Post a Comment