About this Site and Me

My photo
Flower Mound, TX, United States
Hi, I am an artist, wife, mom, gamer and the Elementary Art Educator at Donald Elementary, a sweet and wonderful school in Flower Mound, TX (outside of Dallas). This is a great place to see how we are integrating studio habits with technology and interdisciplinary connections. I also love to share my "wisdom" (Re: Experiences. From mistakes.) about teaching Elementary Art. I love what I do, and I've been doing it for a long time. Creating and teaching Art is what I live for. Enjoy.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

NAEA CONVENTION=MIND BLOWN

Friends. Art teachers. Join now! SERIOUSLY.

http://www.arteducators.org  

I had the best time at the Fort Worth Convention! I met so many awesome fellow art educators and artists from all over the country. So inspired! So happy.

And guess what? They are all having the same struggles as I am! go figure. So I don't feel like such a ding dong. Which is nice.


I went to 14 powerful, intense, life and career changing sessions. Ok, maybe 12. Some weren't that great. But 12! 12 mind-blowing,  intense...oh you get it.

Listened in on a hilarious talk with Wayne White of Pee Wee Playhouse fame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIv4PHJqCnM

He made my heart so happy.


and I met this guy:

Photo: LISD art teachers enjoying gallery night....Jesus Moroles, internationally known sculptor
Me, Elizabeth, Tammie and Stephi with internationally known sculptor, Jesus Moroles. 


Um, do you need to bend down and pick up the names I just dropped?


And I won stuff!


a Gelli Plate! ...now I need like 6 more...






A DOINK app! 

http://www.doink.com/

:D





....and now I will sleep for the rest of Spring Break...



No comments:

Post a Comment