About this Site and Me

My photo
Flower Mound, TX, United States
Hi, I am an artist, wife, mom, gamer and the Elementary Art Educator at Donald Elementary, a sweet and wonderful school in Flower Mound, TX (outside of Dallas). This is a great place to see how we are integrating studio habits with technology and interdisciplinary connections. I also love to share my "wisdom" (Re: Experiences. From mistakes.) about teaching Elementary Art. I love what I do, and I've been doing it for a long time. Creating and teaching Art is what I live for. Enjoy.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Van Gogh Inspired Collages

Here are my Kindergartners interpretation of Van Gogh's very famous "Sunflowers" as seen here:

As I told them about his sad life story, I made sure to reiterate how creating art made him happy. Maybe when you're in a bad mood, you could do the same?


 I also introduce pattern to this project, as a fun way to create the background and flowers. 
For many kids, this was the first time they had cut objects out symmetrically! They were super excited.

I loved watching them build the flowers and vase. They really put a lot of critical observation into their work. 

Art Teacher tip: Keep collages pieces in a labeled baggie


No comments:

Post a Comment