About this Site and Me

My photo
Flower Mound, TX, United States
Hi, I am an artist, wife, mom, gamer and the Elementary Art Educator at Donald Elementary, a sweet and wonderful school in Flower Mound, TX (outside of Dallas). This is a great place to see how we are integrating studio habits with technology and interdisciplinary connections. I also love to share my "wisdom" (Re: Experiences. From mistakes.) about teaching Elementary Art. I love what I do, and I've been doing it for a long time. Creating and teaching Art is what I live for. Enjoy.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Fort Wildflower Murals (or How I Got to Paint On a Brand Spanking New Community Park without Getting into SeriousTrouble)


This summer Tammie Turner (art teacher at Bluebonnet ES) and I were part of the Art Committee for the brand new and amazing Fort Wildflower playground, at Heritage Park in Flower Mound. The Committee was made up of local Flower Mound artists who all contributed awesome ideas and art. It was so great to be a part of such a group.

Tammie and I spent headed up the Mural Dept and we spent fun hours brainstorming, planning and talking about our collective (and thankfully similar) vision. 

Leathers, the company who created the playground, used Tammie's drawings to create many of the components. It is so amazing to see our ideas come to life!


It has been such a rewarding experience working with so many talented Flo Mo artists and all the enthusiastic volunteers, I will treasure this memory forever. I hope the kids and families who play here feel the love and joy Tammie and I put into our art for them. Because this truly has been a labor of love.

Here I am adding leaves to the flower boxes (do you like the bruise on my arm? That is my war wound from the playground build week!)


Tammie the Art Extraordinaire "popping in" a last minute flower pot.







The aaaallllmost finished Prairie House.


No comments:

Post a Comment